Human Resources Command (HRC) will notify the airman of his or her assignment to Italy. Shortly thereafter, your airman will receive a request for orders (RFO) and/or orders which will contain PCS instructions, such as:
- Report date and tour length
- Port of embarkation (arrival airport)
- HHG, POV, and family travel authorizations
After getting an RFO or orders, your Soldier must attend a levy brief and complete a checklist before PCSing.
Total Army Sponsorship Program (TASP)
TASP will connect your Soldier (≤O-6) with a Soldier from his or her new unit to help answer any PCS questions. To get a sponsor after receiving orders, your Soldier must:
- Army Career Tracker welcome email or log in (CAC required) to fill out DA 5434 Sponsorship form.
- Look for sponsor/unit welcome email within 10 days.
- Finish out-processing survey in ACT before PCSing.
Get a Youth or Spouse Sponsor, too!
Types of Overseas Tours
Your Soldier’s PCS orders will indicate either:
Accompanied Tour (with dependents)
This means your family is eligible to accompany your Soldier overseas for a 36-month tour. To ensure the new duty station can support your family, Command Sponsorship of dependents must be approved before your family moves overseas. If approved, the full name of each dependent must be listed on orders. Orders will also include the type of dependent travel authorized:
- Concurrent travel (with or within 60 days of Soldier)
- Deferred travel (61 or more days after Soldier)
Unaccompanied Tour (without dependents)
Your Soldier may elect an unaccompanied tour (“All Others Tour”) for family reasons or because Command Sponsorship of dependents is denied. Regardless, an All Others tour means dependents are not authorized to move overseas. This tour is a 24-month commitment. For more details, see Army Regulations: AR 55-46 Travel Overseas and AR 614-30 Overseas Service.