The Aviano Education and Training Center boasts USAFE’s newest education center with state of the art classrooms including a Chemistry/Biology laboratory.
We are happy to help members and their families pursue their educational goals. In partnership with local colleges and universities, we provide classes at the Certificate, Associate, Bachelor and Master degree level. Study Skills classes are conducted on a monthly basis. Call 632-5330, option 6 for more information.
Send Civilian Transcripts to: CCAF/DESS 100 South Turner Blvd Maxwell-Gunter AFB, AL 36114-3011
Connect to Our WiFi!
Network: Ed. Center Wi-Fi (Open Network)
Transition Assistance – Managing Your Education Workshop
Are you preparing to transition from military to civilian? Is one of your “after military service” goals to attend college? Have you completed the 5-day “Transition GPS” workshop? If you answered “YES” to all three questions, the Managing Your Education workshop may be for you! To register for a workshop (walk-ins are not permitted) or for more detailed information, email
Enlisted Professional Military Education
If your EPME completion is not showing in your records, and you completed the course more than 30 days ago, you must send your completion certificate to AFPC through MyPers (see directions listed below). SEJPME updates can be submitted to the Formal Training Office. Certificates are the ONLY acceptable source documents and must be submitted by the student.
Go to the below website and select MyPers from AF Portal. Follow the instructions below:
- Use CAC login
- Left Column Scroll down to “MY ACCOUNT”
- Select Incidents/Message
- Select “Email us” in the right hand corner
- Component: Active Duty AF
- Category: Benefit and Entitlements
- Subject: Request EPME course update
- Question: Request my PME course be updated. Please see attached certificate.
- Browse and attach the certificate
- Once your record is updated to show course completion, it will show immediately in vMPF; however, it may take up to 4-6 weeks for it to reflect in the Assignment Management System (AMS) SURF, which is not the system of record and for the member’s informational purposes only
Air Force Virtual Education Center
Be sure to check out the AFVEC (Air Force Virtual Education Center) website located on the AF Portal under: Education/Training/Force Development” for further education news and updates.
Helpful Links & Information
- CCAF Information
- Where to Order your test for Course NCO/SNCO DL
- VA eBenefits Website
- On-line Tutoring for Military Families
- College Navigator
- Air University Student Information Systems - AUSIS
-- where you can enroll and manage your PME courses like the NCOA & SNCOA DLC
- Have questions on Careers and Degrees needed to find that job? Check out a website from the Dept. of Labor.
- Still, don't know what to do with your education goals or career options? Take in Interest Assessment.
- Don't know what your AFSC will convert to in the civilian world: Check out My Next Move
- Sharepoint (Only NIPR)
Commissioning Town Hall
Mentor & University Reps Contact Information:
We do stress before you contact the Education Center or them, you look at the applicable sites and info to answer the majority of your questions. Lets reserve our mentor time for info and questions that you cannot find, or don’t quite understand.
- Capt Bilog—NECP
- Capt Morris-Davis—BSC
- Lt Col Kandle--BSC
- Capt Hannaford—OTS (BSC)
- Capt Smith—ROTC
- Capt Lewis—ROTC
- Capt Ashton--ROTC
- Capt Rogan—MSC
- Capt Gebele—OTS/MSC
- 2Lt Feno—AFA
- 1Lt Capriato—OTS—Line Officer
- Capt Racataian Frick—DAP/JAG accessions
Meet the POCs of The Education Center's Colleges
- Embry Riddle Aeronautical University (ERAU): Corey Stewart, Associate Campus Director
- University of Maryland Global Campus (UMGC): Madison Maynard, Advanced Program and National Test Center Coordinator
- University of Oklahoma: Liga Barta, Site Director
- Embry Riddle Aeronautical University (ERAU):
- University of Maryland Global Campus (UMGC):
- University of Oklahoma: