The Aviano Education and Training Center boasts USAFE’s newest education center with state of the art classrooms including a Chemistry/Biology laboratory. In partnership with four local colleges and universities, we offer five terms per year providing classes at the Certificate, Associate, Bachelor and Master degree level. Study Skills classes are conducted on a monthly basis. Call 632-5330, for more info.
Send Civilian Transcripts to:
CCAF/DESS 100 South Turner Blvd Maxwell-Gunter AFB, AL 36114-3011
National Test Center
The National Test Center is now proctoring exams for Stateside Universities for a fee. For more information, please call 632-4641/5365. See the Useful info section of this page to download the required documents.
Transition Assistance – Accessing Higher Education Workshop
Are you preparing to transition from military to civilian? Is one of your “after military service” goals to attend college? Have you completed the 5-day “Transition GPS” workshop? If you answered “YES” to all three questions, the Accessing Higher Education workshop may be for you! To register for a workshop (walk-ins are not permitted) or for more detailed information, call 632-5330 option 6. Transition Assistance Workshop Information - See the Useful info section of this page to download the required documents.
Enlisted Professional Military Education
If your EPME completion is not showing in your records, and you completed the course more than 30 days ago, you must send your completion certificate to AFPC through MyPers (see directions listed below). SEJPME updates can be submitted to the Formal Training Office. Certificates are the ONLY acceptable source documents and must be submitted by the student.
Go to the below website and select MyPers from AF Portal. Follow the instructions below
- Use CAC login
- Left Column Scroll down to “MY ACCOUNT”
- Select Incidents/Message
- Select “Email us” in the right hand corner
- Component: Active Duty AF
- Category: Benefit and Entitlements
- Subject: Request EPME course update
- Question: Request my PME course be updated. Please see attached certificate.
- Browse.and attach the certificate
- Once your record is updated to show course completion, it will show immediately in vMPF; however, it may take up to 4-6 weeks for it to reflect in the Assignment Management System (AMS) SURF, which is not the system of record and for the member’s informational purposes only
Save time by downloading and completing all the required registration documents in advance.
On Base Universities and Colleges
Air Force Virtual Education Center
Be sure to check out the AFVEC (Air Force Virtual Education Center) website located on the AF Portal under: Education/Training/Force Development” for further education news and updates.
GI Bill Information & GI Bill Information
Below are some helpful links. See the Useful Info section of this page to download the required documents.
- GI Bill Website
- DoD Transfer of Education Benefits Website
- VA eBenefits Website
- Apply for GI Bill (Service Members)
- Air Force Association
- MyCAA Scholarship
- Sweet & Simple Scholarship
- Peterson Scholarship
- General Henry H. Arnold Grant Program
- Fast Web
- DoD Tuition Assistance
- ACES Scholarship - please contact the Aviano Community of Enlisted Spouses
- CCAF Information
- Where to Order your test for Course NCO/SNCO DL
- VA eBenefits Website
- On-line Tutoring for Military Families
- College Navigator
- For Education Information
- For Commissioning Information
- Find us on Facebook at: AvianoEducationCenter
- Air University Student Information Systems - AUSIS
-- where you can enroll and manage your PME courses like the NCOA & SNCOA DLC
- Have questions on Careers and Degrees needed to find that job? Check out a website from Dept of Labor.
- Still, don't know what to do with your education goals or career options? Take in Interest Assessment at:
- Don't know what your AFSC will convert to in the civilian world: Check out My Next Move
- Sharepoint (Only NIPR)