Fuel Card, & Rations Card
31FW improving the First 31 minutes, hours, & days before, upon & after arrival
NATO Forces Fuel Card
Where to Use Fuel Card
NATO Forces Fuel Cards are accepted at only two Italian gas chains, AGIP and ENI. Cards are not valid outside of Italy.
Gas Station Hours
Mon-Sat: Closed Noon – 2:30 p.m.
Sunday and Holidays: Autostrada gas stations are 24/7
Attendants are on duty every day during business hours.
Fuel When You Arrive
Don’t buy fuel on the economy when you first get here! If you are TDY with the primary duty location being Aviano and authorized per TDY order to drive a rental vehicle or if you have a rental while waiting for your vehicle to complete the registration process, you can recieve temporary ration letter. Take the letter to the BX customer service to receive a fuel card. Once your primary vehicle is registered you will be issued a permanent fuel card.
Sign up for your NATO Forces Fuel Card at the BX
- Fuel Card: A fuel card authorizes you to buy a certain number of tax-free liters of fuel each month based on your primary vehicle’s engine size. After completing vehicle registration, you’ll receive a green gas card from Pass and Registration. Take your gas card to Customer Service at the BX to sign up for the NATO Forces Fuel Card. They will have you fill out an application on site.
- AGIP/ENI Gas Stations: NATO Forces Fuel Cards only accepted at AGIP and ENI stations.
- Click NATO Forces Fuel Card to learn more about the program.
- Download and Print the Glove Box Companion with Italian and English fueling translations.
- BenzinaUnleaded Gas
- Fai da TeSelf Service
- ServitoFull Service
- Blue PumpDiesel+
- Green PumpSuper Unleaded Gasoline (95 Octane)
- Yellow PumpSuper-S (98), or Super+ (100)
There are full service attendants at most gas stations. Just tell them how many liters you want, hand them your Fuel Card, enter the PIN, and you’re done! You can always pump your own gas as well.
NOTE: Most gas stations close on Sunday and Italian holidays
During Wyvern Welcome, you will receive a ration card for liquor and tobacco. Once you get your card, you can purchase these items on-base at the BX Exchange. You can buy any of these off-base without a ration card. You may contact your squadron’s CSS for additional information regarding ration card distribution.
Upon Arrival Topics
- First 31 PCS Start
- Transport from the Airport
- Wyvern Welcome & In-Processing
- Travel Allowance
- Codice Fiscale & Soggiorno
- Child & Youth Programs Registration
- School Registration
- Pet Registration
- Driving Overseas
- Buying & Renting a Car
- Vehicle Registration
- Fuel Card
- Medical, Dental & Eye Care
- Mental Health, Family Advocacy, & Health Promotions
- Pregnancy in Italy
- Finding a Home
- Overseas Electricity
- Bills Banks & Exchange Rates
- Areas of Base