31st Medical Group
Hours of Operation/Duty Hours: Mon-Fri 7:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Closed: Federal Holidays & 3rd Thursday of each month
- Conducted every Wednesday at in-processing briefing
- To ensure active duty member and family are enrolled in TRICARE to receive healthcare in Italy:
- Airmen will need a copy of PCS orders to complete TRICARE enrollment forms during in-processing.
- Submit all medical and dental records to the Medical Records desk on the ground floor of the Health Clinic.
- If you miss the weekly in-processing briefing, just call them or go the clinic in Area 1 and they will assist you.
TIP: Airmen and dependents can receive a copy of their medical file once per year from Medical Records.
You can schedule your appointment on-line without waiting or going through phone trees at: www.tricareonline.com, or MiCare at www.relayhealth.com. You can also call them at: DSN- 632-5000 or +39 043-430-5000 (during duty hours).
You must have a valid, unexpired DoD identification card for all appointments.
Contacting your health care team/what to do if you need advice?
You can contact your health care team anytime, day or night, by using MiCare at www.relayhealth.com or call us at: DSN 632-5000 AFTER duty hours this number will direct you to the Nurse Advice Line.
Pharmacy Hours: Mon-Fri 7:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Please call 0434-30-8165 to access the mandatory refill call-in line to process refills. Then you have the option of either picking up at the Script Center located on Area F in the BX/Commissary corridor or going directly to a pharmacy pick-up window. Refills called in before 7:30 a.m. will be ready for pick-up the same day after 11:00 a.m.
New Prescriptions from an On-Base Provider
Activate your prescriptions at the pharmacy kiosk and wait for your name to populate on the screen.
New Prescriptions from an Off-Base Provider
Prescriptions can be filled at a local Farmacia and reimbursement can be requested through the TRICARE office or online at www.tricare-overseas.com. This option is strongly recommended for medication given for acute issues (i.e. from the Emergency Room) to avoid treatment delays.
Pharm D Clinic
The Pharmacy offers acute care services for ailments such as cough/cold and allergies. Appointments may be scheduled through the appointment line or by visiting the Pharmacy consultation window during normal Pharmacy hours.
Clinical Services Available at the Pharmacy
- Seasonal allergies
- Tobacco cessation
- Medication therapy management
- High cholesterol
- Medication bridge
- Walk-in service available
- Clinic Hours: Mon-Fri 7:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- 15-18 appointments available daily
- Services available for 18+ year old – No PRP/FLT status
- Quarters (active duty excused absence and/or antibiotics not provided)
- All interventions are documented in official medical records
Aviano Air Base does not have an Emergency Medical Care Department.
The official European Emergency number is 112. Call this number for emergency services in Italy. If a translator is needed call Command Post DSN: 314-632-3100 or Comm: +(39) 0434-30-3100.
Closest Emergency Care:
Pordenone Emergency Room & Hospital
Azienda Ospefaliera Santa Maria Degli Angelo
Via Monterale 24 Pordenone 33170
Coordinates: N45*58, 1053’, E012*39, 1204
What to expect when you arrive:
- It is very similar to going to an ER in the states.
- On the way to the ER, contact the command post for liaison services information.
- Report to the triage desk and care is rendered from there.
- Please note, liaison services (interpreter) is a benefit that is ONLY offered to TRICARE Prime beneficiaries and command sponsored family members. (Not covered for TRICARE Select, DoDs teachers, civilians, contractors, GS, etc.)
- You should not have to pay anything when leaving ER.
Traveling Outside Aviano Area
If you are traveling away from Aviano and need emergency care, proceed to the nearest ER. If you are unsure where to go, contact International SOS +44 20-8762-8384 and they will assist.
After Duty Hours Care
If you get seen after duty hours in an Emergency Room, please send us a secure message using www.relayhealth.com or call the next available duty day at: DSN 632-5000 or 043-430-5000 to let us know what occurred and what follow-up you may need.
Dental Sick Call & Emergencies
True Dental Emergency: Dental Sick Call is available for immediate care of permanent tooth loss, oral bleeding, or mouth swelling on a daily basis. Dental Clinic Sick Call hours change daily, please call the clinic at 0434-30-5060 from
7:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m. to coordinate the best time to come in for evaluation of severe tooth pain, chipped teeth, etc.
Dependent Dental Care
On-base: All dependent (adult and pediatric) dental care at the Aviano Dental Clinic is on a priority of care basis. The priority of care goes from dental emergencies, class 3 members, active duty members, dependents, retirees, and finally pay patients. Many dependents see local dentists as we cannot accommodate all dependents at all times due to the flux of mission essential treatment needs for our active duty population.
It is advised to enroll and keep your family in TRICARE Dental Insurance to ensure your family has access to care when they need it.
Call the Aviano Dental Clinic for availability. Please be aware that there is only one pediatric dentist at the clinic. Also, patients under 18 years old must be accompanied by an adult. Additionally, children cannot be left unattended during an appointment for the parent or during an appointment for another child in the family. It is recommended to obtain childcare coverage during appointments for parents.
No referral is needed to use TRICARE insurance for dental treatment. Contact the dental clinic for TRICARE Dental providers in your area.
Orthodontic treatment at the Dental Clinic is available on a limited basis for active duty and dependent children. It is determined by severity of need. Active duty and children arriving to Aviano with orthodontic appliances or braces are not guaranteed on-base treatment. There are local providers available who are able to complete routine cases. To locate an orthodontist off-base contact TRICARE Dental.
31 MDG Optometry Clinic
The Optometry Clinic provides routine eye exams for active duty dependents.
However, TRICARE does cover eye exams from qualified overseas optometrists with a primary care referral. If you require additional optometry services aside from those listed below, you may be referred off-base.
Bring the following to an eye exam:
- Current prescription glasses
- Contact lenses and box (or current prescription)
|Optometry Services||Active Duty||Dependents|
|Routine Eye Exams||Yes||Yes|
Initial fittings are provided for flyers only on the Air Crew Contact Lens Program. If not on the program you must be seen off-base.
Reason: TRICARE does not cover contact lenses exams; contacts are regarded as cosmetic.
Refractive Eye Surgery
Only active duty can apply.
- Surgery location is Landstuhl Medical Center Germany (closest DoD center).
- Travel/lodging is at the cost of the applicant or funded by the unit if approved by the URA (Unit Resource Advisor)
- Leave is processed as Permissive TDY through applicants unit according to AFI 36-3003.
- Other requirements: 21 years old/12 months left on station
- Further info/application forms can be obtained at your routine eye exam (which is the first step in the evaluation process).
- Landstuhl is taking applications at this time ONLY for flyers until further notice.