Aviano Post Office
The Aviano Military Post Office (MPO) operates as an extension of the United States Postal Service (USPS) in order to provide efficient and responsive postal services to authorized personnel and activities overseas during both normal and contingency operations.
The Department of Defense pays for the transportation of mail between the United States gateways and overseas, and inter- and intra-theater locations.
The Official Mail Center (OMC) provides cost-effective policies and procedures for all unit mail being shipped via USPS. All Official Mail must be sent via USPS. The OMC also provides door-to-door delivery of all mail to a single point within the unit, the Activity Distribution Office.
Connect to Our WiFi!
All USPS services are provided at Aviano excluding Express Mail.
Intra-theater Delivery Service (IDS): Postage-free delivery of official, personal, organizational, and commercial correspondence and parcels that do not enter the USPS network within the United States, its territories, or possessions.
- Can be completed no earlier than 30 days prior to RNTLD month
- Sponsors can request a mailbox, but cannot receive the combination
- Must provide copy of orders or logistical support agreement (civilians)
Deployments, TDYs or Extended Leave
- Complete DD Form 2258: Temporary Mail Disposition Instructions
- Mail can be held or forwarded to a different US address
Only mail matching the sponsor's name on the receptacle can be placed inside the receptacle. When names do not match, the mail is reviewed and if no match is found it is returned to the sender.
Inform Customer Service of any changes in status including:
- DEROS update
Online Electronic Customs Forms
*Effective September 3, 2020, Military Post Office (MPO) customers mailing packages to domestic, APO/FPO/DPO, and international addresses must create an electronic customs form online to comply with federal and international requirements for mailers enforced by the Global Trade Commission. Military Post Offices will no longer accept handwritten customs forms after Sept 2, 2020.
Postal customers may use the following options to ship outbound mail:
- Online electronic customs form using the USPS Customs Form Tool: https://www.usps.com/international/customs-forms.htm
- Click-n-Ship: https://cns.usps.com/labelInformation.shtml
- Prepaid postage from Stamps.com and Pitney Bowes *Prints the USPS customs form with postage
- Customs form 2976-R: Available in the shipping section of the post office. (Only to be used if the CFOL application does not work for the customer.)
*Key changes with the USPS Online Customs Form (CFOL) application *:
- Customers will have the option to “Select Mail Class at Post Office” .
- Once selected, customers cannot choose any other mail class.
- There are now 3 selections regarding dimensions of the customer's package. The application will now default to “I do not know the dimensions of my package”. If the dimensions are known, you will have to make a different selection to input the values.
- Customers are encouraged to complete and print electronic customs forms/click-n-ship label or have the online bar code receipt available for scanning via mobile device prior to entering the post office to help expedite retail transactions and improve customer’s experience.
Confused About Custom Forms? No Problem!
Unsure of whether your Customs Forms should be filled out online, hand-written, or sent out in Morse code? We've broken it down for you! ⬇️
Customs Forms must be filled out online. However, if the site is down or having technical issues, then the Aviano Post Office can accept hand-written Customs Forms until the issue is resolved.
See the attached graphic for your Plan 🅰️ and Plan 🅱️⬇️✅
Do you have 10
or more packages to pick up?
Use the below sign up genius we created for members who have 10 or more packages.
Please keep in mind that this is a requirement for members to have and we DO NOT accept phone requests.