31FW improving the First 31 minutes, hours, & days before, upon & after arrival
Aviano Elementary School
Sure Start, PSCD Program, Grades K- 5
Phone: +39 0444-71-6677
Aviano Middle High School
Phone: +39 0444-71-6790
Inbound DoD members must visit the Registrar’s Office to complete the school registration process. Before you go, print and complete the registration forms for the DoDEA High School, the Middle School, and/or the Elementary School.
Other Required Documents
- PCS Orders with family members names listed
- Children’s birth certificates [kindergarten & 1st grade only]
- Children’s passports [high school students only]
- Immunization records [Current flu shot]
- Copy of previous school records
- Copy of standardized test scores
- DoDEA-620 Student Registration Form
- F4 ESL Forms
- DoDEA-700 & 700A Consent Form
- DoDEA Form 1002 Request for Student School Records
- DoDEA 2942.0-M-F1 Student Health Form
- School Transportation Form
- Copy of Individual Education Plan (IEP) & 504 Plan
- Sports physical for athletic activities (6th-12th only)
Want to submit forms early?
Your Aviano DoDEA school will accept registration packet(s) prior to arriving to Italy via email. DO NOT send passport/birth certificates over email. Parents must hand carry orders, birth certificates, and other applicable documents into school registrar office. More information: http://www.dodea.edu/Europe/south/
Obtain copies of immunization records from outbound base micare.com or at the KIOSK in the 31 MDG immunization clinic.
Sure Start is a full day preschool program that serves military children and families living overseas. More information: Aviano DoDEA Sure Start
School Liaison Program
School Liaison Program Manager
School Liaisons can help with:
- School Enrollment Assistance: Connect with your School Liaison before and after you move.
- Link between Schools, Families, & Command: School Liaisons are subject matter resource experts for grades K-12 and can help address educational issues and needs.
- Homeschool Support: School Liaisons provide homeschooled families with information regarding federal and local policies along with educational opportunities.
- Italian School Support: School Liaisons help families navigate the Italian school system.
School Liaisons can also provide families with educational resources such as:
- EFMP and developmental intervention resources
- Child & Youth Behavioral Program led by MFLCs
- Elementary and Adolescent Support Counselors
A list of local Italian Schools can be found here: Italian Local Schools
Registering in Italian Schools
- You are highly encouraged to contact the Aviano School Liaison for assistance in enrolling your child into Italian School
- Italian public school requires registration at the district office
- Italian private school registration is completed at the school
Types of Italian Schools
- Nido (Infants & Toddlers)
- Scuola/Asilo Materna (Preschool & Kindergarten)
- Scuola Elementare (Elementary)
- Scuola Media (Middle school)
- Scuola Superiore (High school)
Italian Preschool (Asilo)
- Many parents send their 3 to 5 year olds to off-installation preschools called Asilos.
- Asilos are low cost and your little one will pick up Italian quickly.
- Asilos are residency based. Once you secure a home, you may enroll.
- Please contact the Aviano SL to get a list of Asilos available in your area.
Italian Public + Private Care and Education Guide
Looking to enroll your kiddo in the local Italian schools? Check out this guide!
Please be sure that your child has a codice fiscale before registering for Italian schools.
- National Home Education Research Institute
- Department of Defense Education Activity (DoDEA)
- Military Interstate Children’s Compact Commission
- Home School Association for Military Families
- DoDEA Virtual High School Home U.S. Department of Education
- Free Online Tutoring for Military Students
- STOMP Specialized Training of Military Parents
- Pay Aviano School Lunches online
Upon Arrival Topics
- First 31 PCS Start
- Transport from the Airport
- Wyvern Welcome & In-Processing
- Travel Allowance
- Codice Fiscale & Soggiorno
- Child & Youth Programs Registration
- School Registration
- Pet Registration
- Driving Overseas
- Buying & Renting a Car
- Vehicle Registration
- Fuel Card
- Medical, Dental & Eye Care
- Mental Health, Family Advocacy, & Health Promotions
- Pregnancy in Italy
- Finding a Home
- Overseas Electricity
- Bills Banks & Exchange Rates
- Areas of Base