Transportation from Venice Marco Polo Airport (VCE)
Transportation from VCE airport to the installation should be pre-discussed between the inbound DoD member and sponsor. Due to vehicle sizes, sponsors may not have room for inbound DoD member, their families, pet and luggage. There are a few options if your sponsor is not able to provide transportation from the airport.
Arriving during Army Airport Shuttle service hours:
There is a Military Community Liaison Office managed by Vicenza Army Base that can provide support to all service members arriving into the Venice Macro Polo airport. To reach them:
- Go through the customs doors, turn right, and walk 75 feet. Look for a sign on the floor that says, “USA DoD Personnel”.
- Military Community Liaison Office is on the right.
- The Airport Liaison can direct you to Aviano Patriot Shuttle Services, telephones, and more.
- They are open Monday to Friday from 8:30 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. and on weekends from 8:30 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
ITT Shuttle (Online reservation required)
Reservations must be booked 7 days in advance at https://www.patriotshuttle.com.
- Payment must be made and email confirmation received to reserve seats
- Carry copy of receipt with you
- Notify ITT ASAP of any changes to travel plans by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: 011+39 043-430-3107
- Must use GTC for payment; reimbursable on travel voucher
- 2 passengers with luggage cost €110
- 2-8 passengers with luggage €140
- Over 8 passengers with luggage €300
- Pets: Allow 1 hour minimum to clear customs and schedule shuttle accordingly
- Pet transportation fees are not reimbursable
NOTE: The ITT Patriot Shuttle does not transport to off base hotels. Exchange rates vary when changing dollars to euros [€].
Private Taxi/Shuttle Service
Inbound DoD members and/or their sponsors can arrange a private taxi or shuttle service to pick up an inbound DoD member from the airport. Fees charged for this type of service are reimbursable.
A1 Aviano Tax: +39 328-365-5788
Gant Agostino: +39 338-567-7910
Pordenone Taxi: +39 0434-520240 or 0434-521469
Transportation with Pets
It takes around 1 hour to clear customs; schedule shuttle/taxi time accordingly.
Pre-arrange pet transportation. Contact your sponsor for help with possible options. When reserving Patriot Shuttle indicate you are bringing a pet. Transportation fees for pets are non-reimbursable.
Transportation to Off-Base Lodging
Taxis are not allowed on base. Pick up point is outside the South Gate at the Visitor Center. The Mountain View Lodge is within walking distance of the gate at approximately 25 miles.
Keep your receipts!
Upon arriving to Aviano, you may need or choose to rent a vehicle. This will help when looking for homes, settling in, or exploring the area while you wait for your car to arrive. Below are a list of car rental places to get you started. They are not endorsed or affiliated with Aviano Air Base. You will need a current driver’s license and an international driver’s license.
- Europcar: +39 0434-66-8719 [Area F BX]
- Economy Rental: +39 0434-66-1155
- Miotti SRL: +39 0434-66-1362