All vehicles are registered through the 31st Security Forces Squadron Pass and Registration office. All personally owned vehicles and all government owned vehicles are assigned an AFI plate number to the vehicle. A maximum of 3 vehicle registrations is permitted at one time and per tour per active duty member, logistically supported civilian, and contractor. Primary vehicle receives fuel rations and will not pay annual Italian road tax. Secondary vehicles are not authorized fuel rations and will pay annual Italian road tax. Annual renewal of your registration is also required to receive a new fuel card each year for your primary vehicle.
8 Steps to Register your POV
- Vehicle Processing Center (VPC) Email
Once you’re notified by email that your vehicle has arrived, obtain a copy of your 302 customs form from VPC. Contact VPC at: 0434 65 1106
- Establish Insurance Policies
You will need to cover your vehicle with a European coverage plan. There are 2 options available: USAA and GEICO.
• USAA will need: 1) Sponsor’s name 2) VIN, Year, Make, Model of vehicle
• Geico (Go to Geico office in Aviano)
- Power of Attorney (POA) Required
When sponsor is not present. You may obtain a POA at your local legal office.
- Schedule your appointment
Locate the 31 SFS Pass and Registration SharePoint utilizing CAC to access Share Point. Upload the following documents:
• 302 customs form
• Copy of previous registration or title of vehicle (Must be in sponsors name)
• Current proof of insurance
• Codice Fiscale (if registering as a 2nd vehicle).
Bring 5 Euro to appointment to cover plate fee.(Must be exact change)
- Vehicle Pickup/License Plate Installation
Return to the VPC to install cover plates and pick-up vehicle
- Vehicle Safety Inspection
Once you have received your vehicle immediately obtain a vehicle safety inspection. This is conducted at 31st LRS POV Inspection Tent hours: Noon to 4:00 p.m. It is behind the commissary, on the same road as Outdoor Recreation.
- Vehicle registration & gas card
Return to Pass and Registration to submit safety inspection form and pick-up Gas Card/Registration.